Thermiser Insulated Rolling Doors, designed for exterior use, help maintain different temperatures on each side of the door. They are an ideal choice for use in environments that require climate control, security and durability: distribution, industrial, hospitality, retail and more.
Thermiser doors store compactly, require little to no maintenance and deliver a low life cycle cost. In fact, we warranty this product for 50,000 cycles as standard.
Foamed in place insulation offers superior protection against the elements, improved security and reduced sound transmission. The Thermiser helps seal the building envelope and keeps noise in – or out.
Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating is up to 30 for the curtain and up to 18 for the entire assembly. If an STC of 32 is desired, additional options are required. Please consult the factory for details. All configurations are evaluated per ASTM E90, based on testing a complete, operable assembly.
If you are interested in an insulated door that is configured to withstand an operational windload of 20 PSF, please check out our Wind-Master Door.
- AtmoShield™ Powder CoatingTextured powder coat finish that combats the environments harsh wear and tear. This finish provides a thicker, more scratch resistant coat for added product protection.
Chain Diverter for MGH Operators
This option moves the auxiliary chain out of the clear opening and to the side of the door – enabling free movement through the door and making a chain bag unnecessary.
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.
SpectraShield™ Powder Coating
Polyester finish in more than 180 colors for durability, aesthetics, superior finish life and cost effectiveness.
In applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building’s architecture.
Add durable, full-color images to your curtains and hoods. Great for school logos and turning unused door space into profitable sponsorship opportunities in stadiums, amusement parks and retail stores.
Improve aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
- High Cycle Springs – Heavy duty springs manufactured to withstand cycles of 100,000.
- Seismic Performance Validation – We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Safety and Protection
Entrapment Protection Devices –
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
Guide-Mounted Interlocks –
An electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
HDBB (Heavy Duty Bottom Bar) –
The HDBB is 350% stronger than traditional bottom bars, preventing forklift damage to your Service or Insulated Door. The HDBB can pay for itself after the first impact and significantly reduce future maintenance costs.
RapidResponse doors are provided with 3′ or 6′ of extra curtain, an impactable bottom bar and removable lower guide sections. These features allow for faster repair of slat damage, reducing downtime and maximizing the lifetime value of your door.
Rolling Door Protector (RDP) –
The RDP eliminates costly fork truck damage to coiling doors by creating a physical barrier at the top of the door that absorbs impacts.
Static Wind Load –
Operational Wind Load –
Can be configured to withstand an operational wind load of 20 PSF.
Unique Design Solutions –
- Mullions -There are multiple mullion options – corner, fixed and removable.
- Pass Doors -Hollow metal man door and hinged frame available within a curtain.
- Sloping or Irregular Openings -Our special bottom bar designs can address these conditions.
- Superimposed Doors -Combine two different curtains on the same opening. Typically, an insulated door is used in conjunction with an open design rolling grille to provide ventilation. When extreme weather or sound resistance is desired, we can provide superimposed/double insulated curtain assemblies.