Service doors provide security against entry as well as protection from weather at exterior and interior openings in industrial, commercial, institutional and other buildings. These doors are made from slats of formed galvanized steel, aluminum or stainless steel that roll up to store in a coil above an opening.
When you need an interior or exterior overhead door that is secure, durable, customizable and compact – you need a rolling service door. Our overhead service doors feature a rugged design manufactured with quality materials that lower the total cost of ownership. And, because we custom build each roll up door to your exact aesthetic specifications, we can create a rolling door that seamlessly fits into your existing designs.
As the rolling service door industry leader, Cornell has many overhead coiling doors to meet your needs. Whether you are in need of an exterior door, security door or insulated door, all our overhead rolling doors are custom made to your specifications. Rolling service doors are available in a variety of materials, finishes, gauges and options.
If you are interested in a service door that is configured to withstand an operational wind load of 20 PSF, please check out our Wind-Master Door.
- Chain Diverter for MGH Operators – This option moves the auxiliary chain out of the clear opening and to the side of the door – enabling free movement through the door and making a chain bag unnecessary.
- Custom Slats – Slats with multiple small window size punched slots that create an open curtain design. Maintains a high level of security while allowing for ventilation and visibility.
- AtmoShield™ Powder Coating – Textured powder coat finish that combats the environments harsh wear and tear. This finish provides a thicker, more scratch resistant coat for added product protection.
- Hood and Operator Covers – Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.
- SpectraShield™ Powder Coating – Polyester finish in more than 180 colors for durability, aesthetics, superior finish life and cost effectiveness.
- Vinyl Graphics – Add durable, full-color images to your curtains and hoods. Great for school logos and turning unused door space into profitable sponsorship opportunities in stadiums, amusement parks and retail stores.
- Vision Windows – Improve aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
- ScreenGard Perforated Slats – Achieve the best of both worlds – ScreenGard perforated slats provide the security of a rolling service door and the visibility and ventilation of a grille. It is available in Galvanized Steel and Aluminum.
- Trim Package – In applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building’s architecture.
- High Cycle Springs – Heavy duty springs manufactured to withstand cycles of 100,000.
- Seismic Performance Validation – We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Safety and Protection
- Entrapment Protection Devices – Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
- Guide-Mounted Interlocks – An electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
- HDBB (Heavy Duty Bottom Bar) – The HDBB is 350% stronger than traditional bottom bars, preventing forklift damage to your Service or Insulated Door. The HDBB can pay for itself after the first impact and significantly reduce future maintenance costs.
- RapidResponse – RapidResponse doors are provided with 3′ or 6′ of extra curtain, an impactable bottom bar and removable lower guide sections. These features allow for faster repair of slat damage, reducing downtime and maximizing the lifetime value of your door.
- Rolling Door Protector (RDP) – The RDP eliminates costly fork truck damage to coiling doors by creating a physical barrier at the top of the door that absorbs impacts.
- WeatherGard™ – Include weather seals at the guides and bottom bar with an internal hood baffle at coil housing. Lintel mounted nylon brush seal also available.
- Static Wind Load – Can be configured to withstand the full range of specific wind load requirements including missile impact ratings.
- Operational Wind Load – Can be configured to withstand an operational wind load of 20 PSF.
Unique Design Solutions
- Pass Doors – Hollow metal man door and hinged frame available within a curtain.
- Learn More – Sloping or Irregular Openings
Our special bottom bar designs can address these conditions.
- Superimposed Doors – Combine two different curtains on the same opening. Typically, an insulated door is used in conjunction with an open design rolling grille to provide ventilation. When extreme weather or sound resistance is desired, we can provide superimposed/double insulated curtain assemblies.
- Combination Doors – Combine two different slat profiles in the same curtain. Typically, a standard slat is combined with a perforated slat or even rolling grille for ventilation and security.
- Mullions – There are multiple mullion options – corner, fixed and removable.