Our Rolling Fire Doors stop fire in its tracks saving property and, more importantly, lives. Our advanced fire door systems are designed to automatically activate your door in the event of smoke or fire. Once the door is in the closed position, this prevents the fire and smoke from migrating throughout the building, allowing occupants to safely evacuate.
Our rolling fire rated doors have become the clear and reliable choice for building owners and designers who demand the highest level of life safety and fire protection available. In addition, the cost of ownership is low because our advanced systems reset or auto open after a fire or power outage, saving time and money.
Although this door is specifically designed for fire rated openings, it also provides security and access control for use in openings that are not part of a required means of egress.
Our fire rated rolling doors are also available with an optional SmokeShield® package. This package adds smoke and draft control which conforms to UL1784, assuring that smoke with be compartmentalized with the fire and not spread throughout the facility.
Fire Specific Options
- SmokeShield® Seal Package – Often required by local building codes, our smoke seal adds smoke and draft control.
- Annunciators – Optional safety devices on provide a visual and/or audible advanced warning when the door is about to close .
- Battery Back Up Devices – Available for motor, chain and crank operators, these devices prevent fire doors from closing from a power failure.
- Firefly & Firefly BB Release Device – Optional device that ties in to a building alarm system and closes a FireGard fire door upon alarm activation, rather than by melting its fusible link.
- Testing Stations – Safely and conveniently test and reset the functionality of the fire door at floor level. May be flush or recess mounted.
- AtmoShield™ Powder Coating – Textured powder coat finish that combats the environments harsh wear and tear. This finish provides a thicker, more scratch resistant coat for added product protection.
- Hood and Operator Covers – Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.
- SpectraShield™ Powder Coating – Polyester finish in more than 180 colors for durability, aesthetics, superior finish life and cost effectiveness.
- Trim Package – In applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building’s architecture.
- Vision Windows – Improve aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
- High Cycle Springs – Heavy duty springs manufactured to withstand cycles of 100,000.
- Seismic Performance Validation – We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Safety and Protection
- Entrapment Protection Devices – Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
- Guide-Mounted Interlocks – An electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
- Rolling Door Protector (RDP) – The RDP eliminates costly fork truck damage to coiling doors by creating a physical barrier at the top of the door that absorbs impacts.
- Static Wind Load – Can be configured to withstand the full range of specific wind load requirements including missile impact ratings.
Unique Design Solutions
- Sloping or Irregular Openings – Our special bottom bar designs can address these conditions.